Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Penis, The Home Version

When I was in my early teens, I was introduced at summer camp to a game called “Penis.”

The game is simple. A group of people stands in a circle. Whoever elects to go first says the word “penis” as softly as he or she can. The next person says it a little bit louder. And so on. The first person to laugh loses and must step out of the circle. After that, the game begins again. The last person standing wins. (When I grew older, I learned a drinking game variation on “Penis” --- the first person who laughs must take a shot.)

The great thing about “Penis” is the sight of someone yelling “peeeeeeennniiiiiissss!” at the top of his or her lungs (and when you’re 14, hearing a girl even say that word is enough to turn your Jordache jeans into floods) (if you know what I mean) (and by that I mean it gives you a huge boner) (or as huge as a boner can be when you’re 14) (which in my case was about the size of a AA battery) (but still) (and can we just stop here for a sec to appreciate the splendor and phonetic beauty of the word “boner”) (just try to say that word without smiling) (and by that logic, I guess the game “Penis” could also be the game “Boner” or the game “Vagina” or the game “Labia Majora”).

As I became more adept at stifling my amusement at the word “penis,” I became a bit of a showboat during our regular games. I’d mix in adjectives and verbs and occasionally hand gestures. For example:

• Big fucking penis
• Purple-headed hairy penis
• Huge erect penis and a furry ballsack to match
• Massive vein-covered penis with a hairy wart on the bottom of it

Yep, I was the Michael Jordan of “Penis” (and by that I don’t mean that I have a penis like Michael’s (which I wouldn’t know because I’ve never seen Michael’s unit, although I assume it was, you know, nice) but that I was the greatest to ever play the game and everyone knew it).

19 Comments:

At 9:13 PM, Blogger Amanda B. said...

Wow. I've been playing that game for years and didn't even know it.


Hrm.

 
At 10:03 PM, Blogger Lexagirl said...

You had me at "Penis, The Home Version"

 
At 11:08 PM, Blogger cara said...

well i was on the look out for an "ice breaker" to do with a group of ninth grade girls...i think i've found it! thanks.

 
At 11:31 PM, Blogger Jenn said...

You also had me at, "Penis, The Home Version"

 
At 5:18 AM, Blogger Jacqueline said...

LoL...I knew from the title what it would be about...who doesn't play that game?!

 
At 6:34 AM, Blogger HomeFireBlue said...

Being a devoted peniphile, I thouroughly enjoyed this post. I feel like the word 'penis' (and, indeed, 'boner') are sadly underused in regular conversation.

Mmmm ... penis.

-Blue

 
At 6:54 AM, Blogger Natsu said...

Holy cow! Now I truly know that I've lived a sheltered life. What ever happened to "truth or dare?"

 
At 7:10 AM, Blogger Colleen said...

PEEEEEEEENIIIIIISSSS.
Let's all play!

 
At 8:15 AM, Blogger christy said...

Remember how Kirk Cameron's wacky sitcom sidekick on Growing Pains was named Boner? How did they ever get away with that? I mean, boner has always meant boner - right?

 
At 9:20 AM, Blogger JoeinVegas said...

I looked at our local toys and games store and couldn't find it. Is it in the board game section, or cards, or where?

 
At 9:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was a baseball player and errors are boners! I always had a chuckle when making a boner!

~Genuine

www.genuineblog.com

 
At 12:59 PM, Blogger margela said...

ah, you went to Jewish camp.

 
At 4:45 PM, Blogger deb in sf said...

oh, my, yes. Rivaled only by an hour on the bus on the way home from a Hebrew High retreat singing at the top of our 15 year old lungs "BUTTFUCK, naanananananananana BUTTFUCK, naanananananananana" it was a lovely song. We teenaged jews in small towns in southern CA didn't get out much.

 
At 1:23 PM, Blogger Shiz said...

Laughing my vagina off! PEEEENIS!

It IS hard to say "boner" without a chuckle.

 
At 3:46 PM, Blogger Julian Silvain said...

I skim a lot of blogs, and so far yours is in the Top 3 of my list of favorites. I'm going to dive in and try my hand at it, so wish me luck.

It'll be in a totally different area than yours (mine is about mens male enhancement reviews) I know, it sounds strange, but it's like anything, once you learn more about it, it's pretty cool. It's mostly about mens male enhancement reviews related articles and subjects.

 
At 12:17 AM, Blogger doer said...

Hello, just visited your blog, it's informative. I also have a better sex life related website, hope that it is useful to you

 
At 9:10 PM, Blogger superlong said...

Cool site on massive penis Check out my Penis Enlargement

 
At 10:59 AM, Blogger superlong said...

Cool site on suck penis Check out my Penis Enlargement

 
At 9:58 PM, Blogger superlong said...

Cool site on blogspot.com enlargement penis site Check out my Penis Enlargement

 

Post a Comment

<< Home